Incubate IP based start-ups that commercialize science and technology for societal benefit .
- Identify IISc patents that can be developed into solutions and scout for entrepreneurs who can take them to market profitably
- Provide infrastructure, seed funding and mentoring to start-ups
- Build eco system of angel and institutional investors, industry experts, mentors and other entrepreneurship focused entities
- Facilitate interaction between companies (start-ups and others) and IISc faculty to enable applied research to solve real world problems
- Leverage IISc alumni network to assist start-ups in mentoring, business development and domain knowledge
- Enable start-ups to successfully exit incubation by providing assistance in external fund raising, customer acquisition, etc.
Areas of Focus
- Image processing and Recognition
- Microelectromechanical Systems (MEMS)
- Organic Electronics
- Early detection of diseases
- Drug design
- Renewable Energy
- And more.....
Entrepreneurship-in-Residence (EiR) Program
The EiR program provides the opportunity to entrepreneurs to validate their ideas, take them from lab to field and develop business plans.
C. S. Murali
Chairman, Entrepreneurship Cell
Society for Innovation and Development
Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore - 560 012